Where is the VIN on a Kawasaki motorcycle?
MOTORCYCLES. You will find the VIN stamped on the steering head, below the handlebars.
How many digits does a motorcycle VIN number have?
Where do you find the VIN on an engine?
Look for the VIN stamp located on the front of the engine block. You may need to use a rag or a flashlight to read the number as debris or oil may have splashed onto the plate. Some VINs on engines are etched on little plaques that are attached to the engine while others are engraved directly on the engine.
How do you read a VIN number on a Kawasaki motorcycle?
The Kawasaki VIN number consists of 17 characters. If you look at the code of your bike, you will see that the first characters are JK. The letter J stands for Japan, the country where the engine and the frame were made. The next letter identifies the name of the company, here we have Kawasaki and letter K.
How do you decode a VIN number?
How to decode a VIN?
- Digits 1 through 3 combined is the WMI, (World Manufacturer Identifier).
- Digits 4 through 8 represent the vehicle descriptor section.
- Digit 9 is a check digit.
- Digits 10 through 17 is the Vehicle Identifier Section.
- The 11th digit is the manufacturer’s plant code.
How do you run a motorcycle VIN number?
There are several ways to accomplish this task.
- Take the VIN numbers to your local police station. …
- Enter the VIN numbers in the VINCheck tool provided on the National Insurance Crime Bureau website. …
- Run the VIN numbers through an online commercial VIN-check service such as Cyclechex.com, cyclevin.com or instavin.com.
How do you read a motorcycle VIN number?
How to Read a Motorcycle VIN Number
- Examine all sides of the steering head of the motorcycle and look for a metal plate with information printed or engraved on it.
- Write down the 17-digit VIN.
- Read the first three numbers, which identify the manufacturer; all motorcycles of the same make should have the same first three digits.
How do you decode a motorcycle VIN number?
How to Decode the VIN Number on a Honda Motorcycle
- Locate the 17-digit Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) printed on the frame of your motorcycle. …
- Locate the first character. …
- Locate the second character, “H.” This represents the name of the manufacturer, Honda.
- Locate the third character. …
- Locate the fourth through the eighth characters. …
- Locate the ninth character.
What does each digit in a vin mean?
The first group of three numbers and letters in a VIN make up the world manufacturer identifier (WMI). In this group, the first digit or letter identifies the country of origin. … The third digit, when combined with the first two letters or numbers, indicates the vehicle’s type or manufacturing division.
What size engine do I have by Vin?
Your VIN number is your vehicle identification number and you can find your engine size by VIN number. In the series of numbers and letters, the tenth from the left denotes the model year and the eighth is the engine codes. Just tell the store clerk those two characters and you’re in business.
Where are all VIN numbers located?
The most accessible place to see it on a car is from the outside at the base of the windshield on the driver’s side. Another place to look is the pillar of the driver’s side door jamb. Open the door and look at where the door latches to the vehicle body. The passenger side doorpost often displays the VIN.
How do I know what model my Kawasaki is?
Inspect your dirt bike to see if the Kawasaki make and model printing is still legible. This identification is usually written somewhere on the bike. It can be on the fairings, on the fuel tank, or on the bodywork below or behind the seat.
How do I know what Kawasaki engine I have?
The model number on a Kawasaki engine is located on a white label with black text, affixed to the side of the engine. The model number (i.e., FX730V), will make up the first part of the ”CODE” field, preceding the engine spec code (i.e., CS16-R).