Where would the VIN number be on a motorcycle?
For most motorcycles, the VIN is located on the steering neck or on the motor near the bottom of the cylinders. If you still can’t locate it, try contacting the manufacturer or dealer.
Where is the VIN number on a Honda motorcycle?
Locate the 17-digit Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) printed on the frame of your motorcycle. This is often stamped onto the right side of the steering head, where the front fork is mounted on the frame. The VIN is also imprinted on a metal tag located on the left side of the frame above the motor.
How many digits does a motorcycle VIN number have?
Where is the VIN number on a Victory motorcycle?
VIN is located up front. Raise your windshield all the way and look down between the WS and the fairing.
How do I find my motorcycle engine number?
Unlike a VIN that is placed in several locations around a bike, an engine number will be stamped or engraved in one spot on the engine block. Some make and models will vary, but generally, a motorcycle engine number can be found on or directly above the crankcase, and is made up of around nine characters.
How do I find my bike model?
The serial number is an 8-digit number located on the top of the frame, towards the rear wheel by the pedals. The serial number is an 8-digit number located either on the top or bottom of your bike frame, depending on what bike type you have.
What does a motorcycle VIN number tell you?
While they may seem like random strings of characters, VIN codes reveal the motorcycle’s manufacturer, its model, engine size and other characteristics, where the motorcycle was manufactured (both country and plant), as well as the year it rolled off the assembly line.
What does Honda VIN number mean?
Vehicle Identification Number
How do you read a Honda VIN number?
How to Decode a Honda VIN?
- 1 = Country of manufacture (United States)
- H = Manufacturer (Honda)
- G = Vehicle Type (Passenger car)
- EJ8 = Model (Civic 2/4 Door 1.6L)
- 1 = Body Type, Transmission (2 Door Coupe, Manual)
- 4 = GRADE (Civic EX 2/4 Door)
- 5 = Security Code.
- W = Model Year (1998)
How do you read a VIN number on a Yamaha motorcycle?
How to Read a Yamaha Motorcycle VIN Number
- Find the VIN on your motorcycle. …
- Make sure none of the digits are missing from the VIN. …
- Determine what your VIN means by the order of the characters. …
- Find the third digit, which identifies the division that manufactured it.
- Find digits four through eight, which identify the features of the bike.
How do you decode a VIN number?
How to decode a VIN?
- Digits 1 through 3 combined is the WMI, (World Manufacturer Identifier).
- Digits 4 through 8 represent the vehicle descriptor section.
- Digit 9 is a check digit.
- Digits 10 through 17 is the Vehicle Identifier Section.
- The 11th digit is the manufacturer’s plant code.
Where is VIN number?
The two most common places to find the VIN are the dashboard at the base of the windshield and the driver’s side door jamb sticker. Other places include on the engine and inside the hood.