How many years do motorcycle tires last?
When should motorcycle tires be replaced?
For tires with 5 years of use, manufacturers typically call for an annual inspection by a professional. For a tire that is 10 years old, even if the tread looks great, the manufacturers claim that the tire is at the end of it’s useful life and should be replaced.
Do motorcycle tires go bad with age?
Motorcycle tires wear out from use, but they can also expire from age. … In fact, most tire companies put the “sell by” date somewhere out around five years from the date of manufacture. So unless you don’t expect to wear the tire out within five years from the date that’s stamped on the sidewall, don’t sweat it.
Why do motorcycle tires wear out so fast?
Sportbike tires are meant to provide maximum grip so they are a soft compound that wears quickly. When you only have 2 tires you need more grip than you do in a car, and that’s why you get more wear than your standard car tires.
Why are motorcycle tires so expensive?
The manufacturers need to make a profit after R&D and mold making and the like so each tire is more expensive because they sell less of them than car tires.
Is it OK to mix tire brands on a motorcycle?
It is possible. you usually wear off 2 rear tires for every front one (more or less depending on riding style, speed, brand of tire). It is usually better to use the same brands but mixing them is possible.
What is the longest lasting motorcycle tire?
Here are six of Amazon’s top-rated touring tires that claim to offer the best blend of technology, durability, and performance.
- Michelin Pilot Road 4. Michelin. …
- Continental Road Attack 3. Continental. …
- Michelin Commander II. Michelin. …
- Metzeler ME888 Marathon Ultra. …
- Bridgestone Battlax T30 Evo. …
- Bridgestone Excedra. …
- Dunlop Elite-4.
Whats considered high mileage for a motorcycle?
What are the best motorcycle tires?
Best Motorcycle Tires
- Best Overall – Michelin Pilot Road 4. …
- Best High-Performance Sports Tire – Metzeler M7RR. …
- Best for Long-Range Touring – Metzeler Roadtec 01. …
- Best High-Performance Track Tire – Pirelli Diablo SuperCorsa SP. …
- Best Budget Option – Continental ContiMotion. …
- Best Motocross Off-Road Tire – Bridgestone M403/M404.
What is the best motorcycle tire for rain?
Top 10 Best Rain Tires for Motorcycles On The Market Reviews
- Bridgestone Exedra Max 180/70R16 Rear Tire 4795 – Best Rain Tires for Cruisers.
- Michelin Pilot Road 4 GT Touring Radial Tire – 120/70R17 58W – Best Value for the Money Rain Tires for Motorcycles.
Should you replace motorcycle tires in pairs?
When the front presents enough tread life, you don’t need to replace it with the rear. However, if there is physical damage or the tire is over five years from the manufacture date, you should replace them both. Many seasoned touring riders typically replace the front every second rear tire change.