How do you read a VIN number on a Suzuki motorcycle?
On a Suzuki, you will see J signifying Japan, followed by S for Suzuki and 1 for motorcycle. Recognize the next five digits as the VDS or Vehicle Descriptor Section that gives information about the vehicles specifications. Locate the fourth digit of the VDS. This gives the model version by number.
What do the numbers mean on motorcycles?
The second number imprinted on your motorcycle tires represents the aspect ratio. … In other words, the larger this second number is, the taller your motorcycle tire will be. For example, a tire that is written 130/90 means that it has a width of 130 mm and it is 90 percent as tall as the given width.
How do you tell the year of a motorcycle by the Vin?
The 10th character in the 17-character VIN represents the vehicle model-year.
- This standard applies to vehicles built in or after 1981. …
- Note: VINs do not include the letters I (i), O (o), Q (q), U (u) or Z (z), or the number 0, so that they will not be confused with similar looking numbers/letters.
How do you read a VIN number?
What Goes Into a VIN?
- In this group, the first digit or letter identifies the country of origin. …
- The second element in this group tells you about the manufacturer. …
- The third digit, when combined with the first two letters or numbers, indicates the vehicle’s type or manufacturing division.
Where is a VIN on a motorcycle?
For most motorcycles, the VIN is located on the steering neck or on the motor near the bottom of the cylinders.
What CBR stands for?
city bike racing
What does F mean in motorcycles?
In the dirt bike world the F designation has come to (usually) mean the bike is a four stroke instead of a two stroke, such as a CRF250R vs a CR250R or a 250SX-F vs a 250SX.
What does R stand for in motorcycles?
Interestingly, the “RR” that follows Honda’s contemporary sport bikes simply indicates that it’s a sporty, race-oriented model and doesn’t actually stand for “race replica” or “race ready”. That said, Honda doesn’t mind the rumor because It’s good marketing.
What year is J in a VIN number?
Vehicle Identification Numbers (VIN codes)/Model yearCodeYearG1986H1987J1988K1989
What is the 10th digit of a VIN number?
The 10th through 17th digits of the vehicle identification number is known as the Vehicle Identifier Section (VIS). They provide even greater detail on the specific vehicle. The 10th digit indicates the vehicle’s model year.
Where do you find the build date on a Vin?
How to Tell the Production Date by the VIN
- Locate the VIN on your vehicle. It is usually on either the left side of your dash or the driver’s side door panel sticker.
- Find the tenth digit. This is the beginning of the Vehicle Identifier Section (VIS) of the VIN, and represents the model year. Find the corresponding year.
How do you read a GM VIN number?
How to Decode GM VIN Codes
- Locate the VIN number, which can be found on the plate attached to the left side of the instrument panel and is visible by looking through the windshield from the outside. …
- Identify the first three digits of the VIN. …
- Find the next five digits. …
- The next three digits represent production numbers.
How do you read a Chevy VIN number?
How to Read the VIN Number on an International Truck
- Locate the VIN. …
- The first character indicates the country where the truck was manufactured. …
- The second character indicates the manufacturer of the vehicle. …
- The third and fourth characters indicate the type of vehicle and weight rating.